Thursday, December 23, 2010

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

So I am home for the holidays and I am having a great time. A few funny things have happened that I wanted to share so far:
  1. Heidi and I were driving to Target yesterday to do some holiday shopping and she sped up in a parking lot intersection. This quick maneuver was in order to avoid a car...a car that was NOWHERE near us, I might add. Anyway, as this happened I was needless to say , a little starteld. Her reply to my reaction was, "Sorry, I don't drive very often." And my retort was, "Um, that doesn't make me feel any better." Needless to say, we had a good chuckle over it because it was kind of ridiculous.
  2.    These are things I have learned :
  • My Brother in law loves I Carly and he is puzzled and in complete disbelief that I have never watched this show. I am giving him this one because he has children and I do not, but I thought his exclamative phrase, "I can't believe you have never seen I-Carly." Really Lyle? Really? lol
  • Kaelyn does not like loud noises and this includes my loud laugh. When I laughed at her statement, "I don't like loud noises," she didn't like that either. I lovingly told her that she would get used to it and it be something she would grow to love in time...she is not sure she believes me.
  • She also loves to receive books as gifts evn though her earlier declaration of "No I don't want books; I already have books," would lead one to believe otherwise. She loves the new book I gave her The Kiss That Missed. I have read it to her twice and her mother read it to her once in the last 24 hours. She keeps wanting to know why the kiss missed.
  • Kaelyn has cute little nicknames for her little brother Rylan : Ry, Lids (short for the little one), The lid (after the same thing) seece, (we don't know where she gets that one), buhbuh, buhbuh hands.  (buh buh is for baby), and the Tinies (Tinys). She LOVES her little brother and it is so cute. But even so, she still manages to steal his toys because she doesn't understand that he doesn't quite understand the concept of sharing.
  • Rylan IS old enough for toys, I had convinced myself otherwise and I must remedy this situation. Heidi and I might have to make one more dreaded stop to a store so I can purchase something for him.
  • And Heidi doesn't like that I am blogging while she is making cookies for Santa with Kaelyn...so I guess I will stop here.

1 comment: