Sunday, December 19, 2010

 I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus 

I heard this song on the radio on my way home the other day and I have to say, I think this is a disturbing song and I really don't care for it. I tried to imagine how I would feel if I was little kid and I saw mymommy kissing another man...and I think it would leave me confused. In fact I think it would be a little traumatic if I believed in Santa. the whole idea of mommy kissing another man is frightening enough, but Santa; the man who is supposed to bring me gifts and treasures. Santa, the man I adored, would be seen as a lecherous womanizer who was taking my daddy's place. Ya I know...Santa is "daddy," but when you are five, you don't know that! All you know is that some fat man dressed in red, who is supposed to bring good will and happiness, is laying a big wet one on your mommy! Anyway, I just wanted to share my distaste for the song. I find it disturbing...and I especially hate it when The Jackson Five sing it...it makes it even more annoying. (this is not a slight against the group, as I usually enjoy listening to them...but I hate their version of this song...) 

1 comment: