Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The true meaning of Christmas

So on Saturday I was helping Maxine decorate the house with Christmas decorations. She has probably five different nativity sets. I do not have any nativity sets... As I was setting them up I was overcome with tender feelings about the Savior. I thought it was such a simple thing, putting up nativity sets around the house, but it served as a wonderful reminder of why we celebrate Christmas. I try and keep that in mind as I buy and make presents for everyone. I get excited about giving people things and I know that is not a bad thing. But I hope that as we all get ready for Christmas that we take a moment to remember the reason we celebrate Christmas. I feel truly blessed to have a little reminder like the nativity to remind me what Christmas is all about. So this year keep Him in your thoughts, give to others and keep a spirit of kindness and love about you. Keep these thoughts with you now and througout the rest of the year too :) Merry Christmas everybody

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost
http://lds.org/topic/christmas/

1 comment: