Monday, October 4, 2010

6 months

So in 6 Months to the day I am turning 30. This event is inciting a lot of emotion and anticipation. It is most especially inspiring a sort of motivation. The usual questions are surfacing and need answering. What have I done with my life? Where am I going? Where do I want to be in 5 years from now...10 years from now? All I know is that right now I am scared to death of where my life is headed. I am most determined to use these next SIX Months to get my life in order; so that when the big 4-0 hits I am not panicking as I am now. I am overweight and am just barely hitting my senior year in college. I am definitely not where I thought I would be when I was this age.


HOWEVER, life has taught me that things happen for a reason. There are paths we choose and paths that are on occassion chosen for us;either way we have a choice on how we perceive our own outcomes in life and the paths that have brought us there. I want to keep my perspective in order and embrace thirty instead of dread it. In an effort to streamline my thoughts and anxieties as well as my progress and setbacks towards bettering myself before that fateful day I have decided that I will create this blog. I don't know if anyone will ever read it and that is ok. I simply need to have an outlet for all the thoughts and emotions and sometimes, yes, even ideas that spring in to my head. To start off on my first post I am going to list my goals:

1. Lose 50 pounds by my birthday! This is totally doable. I have six months that is 48 pounds safely and since I always lose at a fast rate in the beginning I am going for the gold.

2. Get my GPA back where it used to be. My concentration and efforts need to be focused on bettering myself right now and part of that is focusing on school and not outside distractions.

3. Save money! For the future and for Europe. I promised my amazing and wonderful late grandmother that I would spend my thirtieth birthday in Paris. ALAS, I will be in my last term in school so I can't be there on my birthday, but I can be there during my 30th year. I think Grandma would be ok with that as long as I get there.


There are other goals, but these are the three most prevalent for the time being.