Monday, October 18, 2010

What to do?

As I sit in my room this fine afternoon I am confronted with several options, all of which seem unappealing and leave me feeling restless. I have to finish Dracula  by Thursday. This presents a major problem because I have no desire, NONE whatsoever, to read the novel let a lone finish it. At first I was intrigued by the book but I got behind and went to class without actually reading some of the assigned readings and I am finding that I can get by without reading it. This could be bad news bears when it comes to midterm time. BUT it is beautiful outside and I want to go for a walk...but then I would be procrastinating and then there is that paper I have due on Wednesday that I am really worried about that I have started, but can't quite bring myself to get started on. And if I do anything besides these assignments I am just putting off the inevitable; Note that I say this as I am TYPING up my Blog...which is neither consequential or beneficial to the completion of any of the tasks I have afore mentioned. My day has gone somewhat like this : Rolled out of bed and managed to curl my hair, turned in my paper on Frankenstein,  then I went to class and we discussed postmodernism and the whole complicated theory of the self or lack thereof...very confusing... then I got a signature from my professor and proceeded to the registrar's office, Big Town Hero for a delicious sandwich that unfortunately had delicious mayonnaise, bacon, and avocado on it mmmm. I arrived home and managed to read 3 whole chapters of Dracula interspersed with facebook checks, popcorn munching, and even a bathroom break. Finally after receiving an invitation to my cousin Casey's baby shower in Arizona I gave up on homework and proceeded in purchasing baby clothes for his baby :) I love Internet shopping. And then I was distracted by the prospect of changing my profile picture. Ultimately I succumbed to the temptation to look at Steph's blog and catch up on her Scottish adventures. And even though I did not myself feel like blogging you can see that I did anyway. And here I am sitting at the computer wondering what I should do next... I think I will walk. At least my procrastination in that sense would be beneficial to my health right?

3 comments:

  1. You don't want to get in the habit of not reading your assignments and just winging it. This will not help you increase your GPA.

    Why don't you like about Dracula? Can you those reasons and the dislike for an assignment? Because you're not going to like everything you read, right?

    Good luck! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm not all the way. But I didn't skip class even though I was behind. Tomorrow I have a midterm tho. So wish me luck! I am going to go lay down and read the last little bit :) I will be updating my blog this weekend....hopefully haha

    ReplyDelete