Monday, October 11, 2010

Social Life?

It turns out that not having a social life is much more beneficial for my school life...who'da thunk it right? I am also discovering that not having a TV with DVR also works wonders. (Although, Netflix does cause a bit of a distraction, but I am endeavoring to keep my watch instantly viewing down to a minimum). I finished Beloved and I will say that I was actually happy with the ending of the book and I would recommend it to someone. I also finished Frankenstein last week...this one I would only recommend if you have someone to read it with and discuss it with. Tonight I just started Dracula and I am actually really interested in it... AND No, it has nothing to do with my previous insanity regarding Twilight. It is actually super creepy! I actually couldn't put it down tonight. I never would have thought Bram Stoker could be so chilling. ( not as frightening as say The Ring was...it is just creepy to imagine these things happening to you...

OK enough book recommendations: I lost four pounds this week..although I may have ruined that because I caved and bought an Oreo shake...two days in a row. I have all the excuses in the world. Mostly I was just feeling bad about life..blah blah blah blah. So tomorrow I AM GOING TO THE GYM when I get off work.  And I will do it with or without my ipod. Since this was the only excuse I was giving I will not use it anymore. The gym has a television and I am certain that I can find something useless to distract me for thirty minutes while I pound away at the elliptical machine. My goal is to go at least 3 times this week. Doctor wants me going five times a week, but I am starting with baby steps since I do have a paper to write about Frankenstein due this week...ok ok it is only a rough draft, but I am in serious mode...

Speaking of serious, I looked online at Grad School programs. Now I have to remember to breathe right here because when I look at all the requirements and then take into account all the application fees I tend to get a little light headed from hyperventilating. BUT I must prevail. I cannot let a little anxiety over tough circumstances scare me into idleness. So I will start with the basic: GET my GPA up. Not a lot of people know but I let some seriously stupid things get in the way of my success at school this last year. I let things slide and I got myself into trouble with school, but I am on the road to recovery and I am retaking classes and my GPA WILL improve :) I am not about to make that mistake again...It was a man that got in the way...let me rephrase a BOY. Holy moly,,,,NEVER again.  There is more to the story and perhaps I will write a little more about it but basically a male was at the heart of the matter and I made a huge mistake and I will not let that happen again. Anyway, I grow weary from all my ranting and I am going to indulge into some mindless Netflix watching since my homework is all done for tonight.

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you and I know you can do it! You can still have a social life, in fact it's a good release to have a social life (it's healthy) but it needs to be in balance. When your school work is done (since this is top priority) go do something fun!

    You should get a voice recorder, and at the gym while you're on the eliptical you should talk about the book and what you thought - basically "write" your paper. Then when you get home listen to it and type it up and then proceed with your editing :-) Just an idea so you can work on your papers and do the gym 5 times like your doctor wants.

    I'm SO proud of you!! I'm your cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea Steph! And even if I look like a lunatic talking to myself, it won't matter because no one ios there at ten at night lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you were talking about the Ring, it made me laugh, remember when we watched it and we were driving home and your broken side mirror flipped up and hit my window and we started screaming? hehehe Ahhh the good old days!!
    Hey I found this fun website to track my weight loss and my food intake :D What I like about it is that you can track how many calories you burn just for doing things around the house, like dishes and cleaning, and did you know that sleeping 8 hours you burn like 500 calories??? Anyway it is just fun to see how many calories I burn just by chasing the kids :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES I remember lol. I was thinking of it when I typed it all up. Do you remember how I had to sleep in your room and my tv went off in the morning and it was doing the fuzzy thing like in the movie!

    And you should definitely send me the link to that website. I wonder how much reading my school bnooks burns...thinking has to count for something right? ;) lol

    ReplyDelete