Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Confession

I have a confession... I love the show Doctor Who. This may not mean anything to any of you... unless you have met my little brother.  My little brother is very passionate about EVERYTHING he loves and in turn he wants everyone else to enjoy everything that he does JUST as much...and he will talk about it until you either find the same passion for it or instead DETEST it more than anything in the world. And since he is my little brother of course my natural reaction is to be annoyed with whatever comes out of his mouth (sorry Jeffie if you are reading this, but you know I love you anyways lol) Anyway, despite his admiration for the British series I thought he was just being silly and I ignored his wisdom..yes I said wisdom :) My friend Amy was telling me how wonderful and funny this program was and that not only was it funny but the doctor David Tennant plays is beautiful. So because I trusted my friend over my much younger sibling I decided to try it out on Netflix. AND I love IT! I think I want to be British just so I can be as clever as the Doctor.

SO you ask...what the heck is it about?? Well I will tell you, but be warned it sounds relatively cheesy. But it is fantastic! The Doctor is an Alien from a planet called Galifray...too much already right? To put it simply, he is a time traveller and the last of his kind. He travels in a TARDIS, which looks like a police box...and it is bigger on the inside than on the outside...hahaha...uh hem...anyway,  So in order to keep from being lonely he has companions that come with him and explore time and space. Inevitably though, wherever The Doctor lands, chaos ensues; some other alien race is always trying to take over another alien race...but most often the human race.  The Doctor seems to always show up and save humanity :) It seems a little contrived, but really the stories are quite brilliant and the dialogue is really well written. I recommend giving it a try. I started with the first season and I just finished season 5 last night. (Britain's seasons are shorter than American series). It is really quite ingenious in that they make it so that if the doctor ever dies he regenerates into a new doctor so the actors can move on from the series and be replaced...Although I have loved all three of the doctors that I have seen, David Tennant is my favorite. Jeff has a crush on Matt Smith though...but whatever ;)  Ok I am sure none of you know what I am talking about anymore. But really, if you are looking for some clever comedy check out Doctor Who.

3 comments:

  1. I do know what you're talking about. I've never seen it myself, but SEVERAL of my friends love them some Doctor Who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! But is the Doctor that I saw tonight the Doctor you're talking about? I'll be catching this again next week!

    ReplyDelete